eugman on Fri, 20 May 2005 15:20:12 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] EugeneMeidinger amends p88

> I think this would make an interesting game. However, the proposal needs
> some editing...

Yeah I was running out of and wanted to just post it to get commented on.

> Replace rule 3-2 of the Collectable Cards Rulebook with the following:
> > {{
> > A deck must contain between 20 and 60 cards, inclusive. A deck may at most
> > contain three of the same card except for common and somewhat common cards.
> > The player who has the title of duel master may have up to 5 copies of the
> > same uncommon card in eir decks.}}
> > [[ Tie-in to Duels]]
> >
> > Add to section 6 of the Collectable Cards Rulebook the following:
> > {{
> > == Starter decks ==
> > Starter Decks are game objects. Any player Playing Cards may buy a Booster
> > Pack for 15 Genechips. When a player buys a Starter Deck, e must specify a
> > card set and which starter deck. The player adds 60 predetermined cards from
> > the specified set to his library based. The cards added are listed in the
> > description of the starter deck.
> > }}
>

> Why do you state the cost of a booster pack in the middle of a paragraph on
> starter decks?

Because I copied the rule and missed that part.

> Add to rule 7-1 the following:
> > {{Players may not begin a Battle if they are all already in a Battle
> > consisting of the same members}}
> >
> > Replace rule 7-6 with the following:
> > {{
> > Each player begins a Battle no damage and no distance.
> >
> > If any player at any time has exactly twenty distance in the current
> > Battle, e is eliminated from the current Battle. All cards owned by em in
> > the battle are returned to eir deck.
>

> I don't remember if "em" is the Spivak pronoun that doesn't exist or that I
> always used wrong. Either way, "All of eir cards in the battle are returned
> to eir deck" would be an easier way to say this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spivak_pronoun
em means them,him,her

> Eir deck is then removed from the Battle. Then if the game has lasted for at
> > least one nweek then a 2d6 and a dx are rolled where x is that player's
> > damage. If the amount rolled by the former die is greater than the latter
> > die then a dimship owned by the player is placed in a random vacant grid
> > location if there are at least two vacant grid locations. Otherwise, a
> > wrecked dimship is placed in a random vacant grid location if there are at
> > least two vacant grid locations.
>

> If I may, I'm going to rewrite the entire paragraph a little:
> "If at any time a player has exactly twenty Distance in the current Battle,
> they are eliminated from that Battle. All of eir cards in the battle are
> returned to eir Deck, and eir Deck is removed from the Battle. If the game
> has lasted for at least one nweek and there are at least two vacant Grid
> Locations, 2d6 and dX are rolled, where X is the player's Damage when they
> left the Battle. If the former roll is greater than the latter, a Dimship
> owned by that player is placed at a random vacant Grid Location. If the
> latter roll had the greater value, a wrecked Dimship is placed at a random
> vacant Grid Location."

I'm quite happy to have people rewrite my props. I'd rather pass with peoples help than fail alone.

> After that, you'd need to define what a Dimship and wrecked Dimship are. Or
> just define Dimships for now - wrecked Dimships could do several things
> depending on what sort of framework is set up. Salvage, repair, mining...
> all possibilities.

Here is the problem though:  The idea of a speeder that has no offense(When I hear the word I imagine big blimps feel free to let me know what they were more like) and a wrecked dimship as bunch of mineral pockets seems like a pretty good idea for now(The idea of being able to repair a wrecked dimship is more interesting); however, it only works with the framework you have proposed. Now I could propose  that they are grid objects that do nothing and your proposals could then alter that. I can't think of a better way of doing this.