Alex Truelsen on Thu, 19 May 2005 21:39:00 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] EugeneMeidinger amends p88

I think this would make an interesting game. However, the proposal needs
some editing...

On 5/19/05, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> EugeneMeidinger has amended p88.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Proposal 88/2: Cards aren't really dangerous, silly!
> A Standard Proposal by EugeneMeidinger
> Last modified on nweek 89, nday 3
>
> [[ I still haven't got all my ideas down yet. Let me know if anything
> isn't clear.]]
>
> Change the first sentence of Rule 1-3 of the Collectable Cards Rulebook to
> read:
> {{
> Players may be Card Players. Players are initially not Card Players.
> }}
>
> In rule 2-1 of the Collectable Cards Rulebook replace the paragraph
> defining type with the following:
> {{Type - Cards are either Upgrades, Frieght or Actions}]
> Also add the following after the paragraph defining type
> {{
> Subtype - For Upgrades it lists what slot the card may be played in. For
> Actions it determines at what time it may be played. For Frieght it is just
> a marker; Frieght may only be played in the cargo slot.

}}
> If p87 does not pass also add to the rule before the paragraph defining
> rarity the following:
> {{
>
> Appearance - An image file or text description of what the card
> represents.
>
> }}
>
> To the end of the paragraph of rule 3-1 in the Collectable Cards Rulebook
> add the following sentence:
> {{ A deck may only be used in one game at any time.}}

I'm not sure, but this seems a little ambiguous - "at a time" would work
just as well without the possible meaning that once used, a deck can't be
used again.

Replace rule 3-2 of the Collectable Cards Rulebook with the following:
> {{
> A deck must contain between 20 and 60 cards, inclusive. A deck may at most
> contain three of the same card except for common and somewhat common cards.
> The player who has the title of duel master may have up to 5 copies of the
> same uncommon card in eir decks.}}
> [[ Tie-in to Duels]]
>
> Add to section 6 of the Collectable Cards Rulebook the following:
> {{
> == Starter decks ==
> Starter Decks are game objects. Any player Playing Cards may buy a Booster
> Pack for 15 Genechips. When a player buys a Starter Deck, e must specify a
> card set and which starter deck. The player adds 60 predetermined cards from
> the specified set to his library based. The cards added are listed in the
> description of the starter deck.
> }}

Why do you state the cost of a booster pack in the middle of a paragraph on
starter decks?

Add to rule 7-1 the following:
> {{Players may not begin a Battle if they are all already in a Battle
> consisting of the same members}}
>
> Replace rule 7-6 with the following:
> {{
> Each player begins a Battle no damage and no distance.
>
> If any player at any time has exactly twenty distance in the current
> Battle, e is eliminated from the current Battle. All cards owned by em in
> the battle are returned to eir deck.

I don't remember if "em" is the Spivak pronoun that doesn't exist or that I
always used wrong. Either way, "All of eir cards in the battle are returned
to eir deck" would be an easier way to say this.

Eir deck is then removed from the Battle. Then if the game has lasted for at
> least one nweek then a 2d6 and a dx are rolled where x is that player's
> damage. If the amount rolled by the former die is greater than the latter
> die then a dimship owned by the player is placed in a random vacant grid
> location if there are at least two vacant grid locations. Otherwise, a
> wrecked dimship is placed in a random vacant grid location if there are at
> least two vacant grid locations.

If I may, I'm going to rewrite the entire paragraph a little:
"If at any time a player has exactly twenty Distance in the current Battle,
they are eliminated from that Battle. All of eir cards in the battle are
returned to eir Deck, and eir Deck is removed from the Battle. If the game
has lasted for at least one nweek and there are at least two vacant Grid
Locations, 2d6 and dX are rolled, where X is the player's Damage when they
left the Battle. If the former roll is greater than the latter, a Dimship
owned by that player is placed at a random vacant Grid Location. If the
latter roll had the greater value, a wrecked Dimship is placed at a random
vacant Grid Location."

After that, you'd need to define what a Dimship and wrecked Dimship are. Or
just define Dimships for now - wrecked Dimships could do several things
depending on what sort of framework is set up. Salvage, repair, mining...
all possibilities.

If a player at the end of any turn has more than 6 damage then upgrade they
> own is scrapped at random.

"If a Player has more than 6 Damage at the end of a turn, a random Upgrade
they own is scrapped."

If they have no upgrades to be scrapped and there is only one other player
> in the race that player's distance is set to 20. If they have no upgrades to
> be scrapped and there are at least two other players in the Battle then e
> loses the game, eir cards are returned to eir deck and eir deck is removed
> from the Battle.
>
> If a player is the only player left in a game, e is the loser of that
> Battle and the Battle is ended.
>

> If a player has no cards in eir deck, but is required to draw, e takes 2
> damage.
> }}
>
> Add a rule to section 7:
> {{
> There are 5 slots where a player may play cards:
> Weapon
> Weapon
> Engine
> Energy
> Shield
> Hull
> Cargo

That's seven slots.

All slots may only hold one card except for cargo

...comma...

which may hold up to 5 cards.

What if they had five Cargo slots? That would make the next sentence "If a
card is played on an occupied slot, the player must choose one card to
scrap."

If a card is played on a slot which has the maximum number of cards that
> player chooses which to scrap.

}}

> Replace all instances of the word battle in the Collectable Cards Rulebook
> with the word Race.

Put quotation marks around "battle" and "Race."

[[I still have to figure out the grid stuff and all the cards and define