Sonnet Nazi on Fri, 13 May 2005 22:07:01 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: I will play.

I accept my nomination of me.  Do I make a speech here?

I'd like to thank all the clauses, both restrictive and
nonrestrictive, that made this possible.  I'd like to think I always
acknowledge the little words, even if they don't get capitalized upon
by most people.  I'd like to thank senseis Yang, Foley, and Kilcoyne,
who helped me attain my black belt in MLA and later APA... I want all
the gerunds out there to know that their helping me is appreciated;
they need to know they're important.  It's important to remember that
each word has its place.  Also, you're all invited to vote for me,
regardless of your political parties, either currently or of yore.
It's okay to compound what's already complex, and although the
independence of clauses is laudable, it can be necessary to
subordinate their interests to those of the game.  My platform may not
be sensical, but I hope you can recognize its effect: to show that I
do know what I'm doing, and I'm truly interested in the position.