Daniel Lepage on Fri, 13 May 2005 12:20:09 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Raelus amends p79

On May 13, 2005, at 1.03 PM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

"Maelstorm" - {{

Rarity - 2

Type - Thing

Action Points - 3

Set - First Edition

Text - Play onto another Thing. The Thing that this is on is unable to act.

}}

"Maelstorm" isn't a word; you probably mean "Maelstrom", from a Norse phrase meaning roughly "swirling stream".

"Raelus the Unforgiven" - {{

Rarity - 4

Type - Thing

Action Points - 5

Set - First Edition

Text - This card is a Hero. You may use one less AP each turn. Use 3 AP: Opponent discards one card of eir choice.

}}

Why not make "Hero" a subtype of Thing, so that this would be "Type - Hero"

"DimShip" - {{

Rarity - 5

Type - Thing

Action Points - 7

Set - First Edition

Text - Use 5 AP: Roll a six-sided die. If the result is 1 or 2, destroy one of your Power Gems. If the result is 3 or 4, destroy an opponent's Power Gem. If the result is 5, destroy this card. If the result is 6, all players must discard until only one card remains in eir hands.

}}

I like the idea of a DimShip card, but I dislike all the dice rolling this game will require. I'd rather see something a bit more deterministic.

--
Wonko

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
                -- Plato