Peter Cooper Jr. on Wed, 11 May 2005 17:59:28 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [auto] TheVoice submits p78

automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> TheVoice has submitted a new proposal, p78.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Proposal 78/0: Join up, thou slitherer!
> A Standard Proposal by TheVoice
>
> Create a new rule entitled == Legislator of the Nweek == in section 3
> of the ruleset with the following text:
>
> {{
> At the beginning of each Nweek, the Manager selects a proposal which
> passed during the previous nweek.

If I were the Manager, I would probably always select a prop that I
wrote myself.

> That player gains the title, "Legislator of the Nweek," for the
> duration of the nweek.

The only player you just referred to was the Manager. I assume you
mean "that proposal's owner"?

> The Legislator of the Nweek may give one proposal that e did not
> propose eir Seal of Approval by stating that they do so in a public
> forum.  During voting, that proposal is treated as if it received one
> fewer AGAINST vote.

It's not clear that this action can't happen more than one per
nweek. (The "[player] may [do X]" template defines a game action, so
it looks to me like each game action only affects one proposal, but
there's no limit on the number of times this can be done.)

How many votes a prop has doesn't matter during voting; it only
matters during resolution.

You might want to tack on a "than it would have otherwise" to avoid a
possible nasty infinite recursion.

--
Peter C.
Any noun can be verbed.