Peter Cooper Jr. on Wed, 11 May 2005 15:32:19 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [auto] EugeneMeidinger submits p71

automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> EugeneMeidinger has submitted a new proposal, p71.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Proposal 71/0: story props are working now!
> A Standard Proposal by EugeneMeidinger
> Last modified on nweek 88, nday 3
>
> [[Spawn]]
> [[Let me know if I'm not making this airtight enough. The idea is
> it's like comment text but it isn't completely ignored.]]

Well, you could probably just only have one kind of text, but allow
things to look at comment text if it's explicitly mentioned.

> Add to the end of rule 1-2 the following:
>> {{In a Game Document, with the exception of this paragraph, text
> between each pair of doubled asterisks (that is, text between "**"
> and "**"), shall be deemed Extra Text and shall have no effect
> beyond the rules recognizing it's existence.}}

Only use "it's" if you could replace it with "it is". Possessive its
has no apostrophe. It's one of the few rules in English that doesn't
have exceptions.

--
Peter C.
"There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale