Raelus on Tue, 10 May 2005 18:48:01 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Subgames ideas, ho.

eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Players are either Playing Cards or Not Playing Cards, Not Playing by default. After one nweek of a player being Not Playing, a player may become Playing Cards as a game action. Players may become Not Playing Cards as a game action. When a player is Not Playing Cards, all cards in their possession are destroyed.

        You may want to change the terminology since playing cards has two different connotations. Although the rule itself is fine and clear.

Any player Playing Cards may Play with one or more other players Playing Cards as a game action. All related actions in the game are game actions.
        Technically I think  playing would really be the series of actions one makes to play. Maybe say they start a game or battle or whatever.

Each player begins a Game of Cards with five Power Gems. If e owns more than five Power Gems at any time, Eir Power Gems are destroyed until e has five Power Gems. Power Gems are game objects which only exist in the game they were created by.

If any player at any time controls zero Power Gems in the current game, e is eliminated from the current game. All cards owned by em are removed from the game.

If a player is the only player left in a game, e is the winner of that game.
      So if we start a battle we have 5 gems and once only one player has any left the battle is over? It sounds like it could be referring to joining the subgame which I doubt is your intention. Whenever referring to the subgame use the word subgame or whatever name you actually give this.  Give the games between players a specific name such as battle so it is clear what you are referring to. The word game or card game is too ambigious .

eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I am against planets. It reminds me of starcraft and my subgame doesn't need
any competition. I will probably be for the card game but it's gong to depend mostly on the orginiality of the actual game.

http://www.bnomic.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Raelus
I'd like comments on these two subgame ideas. Too complex/boring/unoriginal? I wrote the planets one when I was bored, but I myself like the idea of the CCG.

Right. I'll focus on cards then. Any glaring problems with it? I'm about to add the buying of booster packs and things about sets.