Daniel Lepage on Fri, 6 May 2005 16:45:38 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] TheVoice votes

> I agree - it was quite strange. I did wonder how it came about?
>
> - Rainbow Wolfe*

Dave chose the 10-day nweek, primarily to ensure that players who had recurring scheduling conflicts wouldn't be at a disadvantage (but also just to be different, I think).

The 3-4-3 division came about because I thought 5-5 made for overly long periods. The next even division would be 2-2-2-2-2, which is far too fast. It also made sense for the last to be 3 because that was the length of Voting; thus, the Ballot came out at the beginning of the third checking period. In the interests of symmetry, I arbitrarily proposed 3-4-3 instead of 4-3-3.

--
Wonko