Daniel Lepage on Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:47:31 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [auto] Peter submits p38

On Apr 30, 2005, at 10.53 PM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
For some reason I don't think english words should be a subset of
nomic words but that just me.  I think it'd be neat if in the future
there was something where using a nomic word instead of an english one
has some advantage.

Well, it's designed that way so that anywhere where one ought to be
able to use either, such as in subgames, one can just say "Nomic Word"
instead of "English Word or Nomic Word" everywhere... If you want to
reward non-English Nomic Words, that seems unusual enough that saying
"Nomic Word that is not an English Word" ought to be fine, and
probably clearest.

Or you could have Nomic Words be the strange ones we define, English Words be the normal ones, and Tile Words be either. That way you can do all three cases with two words.

--
Wonko

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
  -- Ford Prefect