Alex Truelsen on Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:29:31 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] BvS amends p28

On 4/27/05, eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx <eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You might meant to make sure it's clear parties may influence but not
> force it's members to do things. I've read on nomic wiki about the mousetrap
> scam a little bit so you can understand why I'm apprehensive.

 If the Party's demands are too out there, the member is welcome to quit at
any time, and their right to quit is protected by the rule that defines
Parties. That prevents such scams from working with this system. But if a
Party can't force its members to do something, then there's no reason for it
to even have its rules, and the system will be pointless.

Also read about zarpint's tax refuge.
> http://www.bnomic.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ZarpintsTaxShelter
> Maybe if parties can only exist with one person as a member for only a few
> days.

 I'm not sure what your last sentence means - are you suggesting that
Parties should be allowed to survive with only one member for a few days
(which they are), or that even that is too risky? If it's the former, then
there's no problem, and if it's the latter... I suppose someone could create
a temporary tax shelter this way, but only if Parties could hold stuff,
which they can't. The Party itself isn't tangible. It can't own objects,
unlike Societies, which could.
 [[BvS]]