Daniel Lepage on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:20:39 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] RainbowWolfe submits p15

On Apr 23, 2005, at 7.12 PM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

RainbowWolfe has submitted a new proposal, p15.

---------------------------------
Proposal 15/0: scoring
A Standard Proposal by RainbowWolfe
Last modified on nweek 86, nday 5

create a new rule in Section VI: Tiles

{{
_Scoring_

A player may score points by doing any or all of the following:
* creating a complete word in a zone gets points equal to (the_number_of_letters_in_word)+(number_of_letters_added_to_make_word)[ [that would you the number_of_letter*2 if you created the word from scratch]] * owning three consecutive zones either diagonally, vertically or horizontally gains points equal to (the_number_of_letters) in each zone / 3. (rounded up to the nearest whole integer)
}}

I think this might be a bit much per play. My prop already includes a scoring system, whereby each word played in a Zone must build on the previous word in that Zone until nobody can come up with anything more to play there, at which point whoever played the current word gets Amplitude equal to the word's length. Your prop would make that bonus seem rather trivial, since getting there would be worth much more than arriving.

Also, we need a succint way of expressing the phrase "a point of Amplitude". I think I'll propose to call it the Angstrom, unless anybody objects.

--
Wonko

"Write a wise saying and your name will live forever"
     -Anonymous