Daniel Lepage on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:10:06 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] RainbowWolfe submits p16

On Apr 23, 2005, at 7.13 PM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

RainbowWolfe has submitted a new proposal, p16.

---------------------------------
Proposal 16/0: alliances
A Standard Proposal by RainbowWolfe
Last modified on nweek 86, nday 5

If _scoring_ passes then
create a new rule in Section VI: Tiles

{{
_declare alliances_

A player can align with another player(s) for word play. Aligned players must declare such an alliance before playing together.

Aligned players may play a complete word across two or more consecutive zones. Each play must be posted within an nDay of the previous play or the play remains invalid.

I'm not sure exactly what this means. So I could play "interd" and then my ally could play "iscipl" and then I could play "inary" to make Interdisciplinary across three consecutive spaces? How does that fit with the words that are already on the Zones in question?

If an aligned play becomes invalid then the relevant tiles are removed from the board and placed in the bag.

A successful play gives points/players. Any remaining points are to be saved and added to the next successful alligned word play.

What's "points/players"? Do you mean that the total points for the play are divide amongst the players who made it, or each player receives all the points for the play, or the total points are divided by the total number of players and only the players who made the play get them, or a bunch of points is arbitrarily created and gains the attribute "given" without anyone actually getting them?

Players share co-ownership of zones, and no points may be gained by simply dropping or forming an alliance.
}}

amend rule 6-5: Playing to include:
{{
*declaring alliances.
}}

You're using the words "Alliance" (allied, allies, alliance) and "Alignment" (aligned, aligned players, alignment) interchangeably, though they don't mean quite the same thing. I think "allies" is closer to the sense you want.

I've been out of town the past two days, so expect a bunch of prop comments from me in the next few tens of minutes.

--
Wonko

Velilind's Laws of Experimentation:
1. If reproducibility may be a problem, conduct the test only once.
2. If a straight line fit is required, obtain only two data points.