Jimmy Kaplowitz on Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:36:14 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] BvS amends p10

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 01:26:21AM +0000, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> When a proposal passes that creates a Game Object whose name can be
> reduced to an acronym which is an English Word or string of English
> Words, the proposal's Owner has eir Amplitude increased by one quarter
> of the number of words incorporated into the acronym, rounded to the
> nearest integer. [...] Multiple bonuses may be gained from multiple
> acronyms in the same proposal. Not all words in the name of the Game
> Object need to be incorporated into the acronym.

So, if a prop of mine creates a Game Object which acronyms to
O.U.T.B.N.G.D.I.D, I could get two separate Amplitude bonuses: one for
OUT, one for DID, and BNG would be ignored as per the last sentence
quoted above. Is this really what you meant? Even if you meant that the
multiple acronyms had to include the same letters as each other (which
isn't clear from the prop text), the fact that a Game Object acronymming
to O.U.T.B.N.G.F.P.I.O. could get an Amplitude bonus for the OUT part
seems a bit weird.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx