Daniel Lepage on Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:45:11 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Question about p6

On Apr 21, 2005, at 12.31 AM, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:

Wonko, I have a question about p5 and p6.

Is it really your intention to restrict the set of valid Words to play
on the Board to be Nomic Words only, and not allow any English Words? I
think it's fine to allow Nomic Words, but English Words allow a much
greater variety of plays, and will be less frustrating to people with
tiles that don't allow easy formation of the very few Nomic Words. I
would suggest replacing the phrase "Nomic Word" in the Playing rule of
p6 with the phrase "English Word or Nomic Word". Also, it might be worth
clarifying that p6 depends on the passage of p5 (for the definition of
Nomic Word and for the contents of the Nbrgd Dctnry of B Nmc).

Proposal 5 doesn't restrict the set of words that you can play, because it defines a "Nomic word" to be any word in the Dctnry, OR any English Word.
Specifically,
"A Nomic Word is any string of characters that is either an English Word or is the name of an Entry in the Nbrgd Dctnry of B Nmc."

As for dependence, I'll add that. Thanks for pointing it out.

--
Wonko

"Write a wise saying and your name will live forever"
     -Anonymous