Peter Cooper Jr. on Thu, 7 Apr 2005 07:53:39 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: Emergency?

"Martin R Crowther" <cybersanctuary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Having read quickly through these rules I have to admit Wonko's is the
> cleanest, most up-to-date, and closest to the present rules set.

I'm a fan of Wonko's rules in general as well, although
- I'm not so sure that I like the rolling proposal-voting, although I
  haven't tried it yet. Having a regular schedule makes it easier for
  me to schedule my Nomic playing (and Nomic ministering). Since Props
  could resolve every single day, it seems like it could end up being
  tough to keep track of.
- I like the similar-to-props CFIs instead of one-judge.
- Rule 2-2, Precedence, probably ought to say that it supersedes other
  rules somehow. (I imagine we could run into some issues otherwise.)
- It ought to have some sort of Emergency Procedure, I'd think.

Of course, all of these can be proposed within the game once we get
going, so I wouldn't object if not all of these changes made in into
the final Refresh Proposal.

Since the nature of the Emergency seems to be as much a lack of
participation as it was the server downage, I like the idea of
resetting... Perhaps we could try to get people to join in the game,
since it's similar to a new Nomic starting up.

Oh, and the value of the Pause is currently 1.

--
Peter C.
"And in a radical policy change, God today announced that he *will*,