Martin R Crowther on Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:21:18 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: Emergency?

I'm not sure we are in a state of emergency any more as the situation is in hand, although I do agree that we should take view of the situation and take advantage of it. We (well Wonko) had already started to tidy up some clutter, and we can rebuild from the rules we currently have (as opposed to starting completely from scratch). I do think something needs to be done though.

What do people want out of this game? To create? (yes) To argue the rules? (not really, but it interests me and Peter seems to be for that, and Wonko seems to have the most experience with them) To play the subgames? (yes, some - although this is where the chaos takes place so...) To watch what happens? (oh yeah, especially if I started the chaos in the first place. although I do like to join in and make it worse :) ) ... anything else?

It does seem like most of the play is taking place in subgames. Does anyone feel we should start from scratch and rebuild the rules... the good ones will just get re-propped anyway, and any others will be ignored or built better. Maybe we should limit the number of subgames as this seems to divide our focus to much.

Some thoughts to think. Please, anyone?! Any other suggestions or ideas? You don't even have to agree with them - just shout them out.

Rainbow

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Cooper Jr." <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:25 PM
Subject: [s-d] Re: Emergency?

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
So are we in a state of emergency? I think enough players recognized
it that we should be. And even though the server is working, it might
be good to go through with the emergency on the grounds that nobody
seems to want to play, and something should be done about that.

I've recorded 6 players recognizing it out of 12, which isn't quite a
majority. I would be in favor of keeping the emergency, to transition
to a new (er, old?) server, reset the clock to be a few ndays ago, and
try to make the game more interesting.

If we don't have the players for an emergency, I wouldn't object to
the Chair using Executive Tidiness to reset the clock, and we can try
to use props to fix the game.

We could also "overlook" the majority-of-players requirement since the
emergency rule is rather vague. For instance, I could officially
recognize only 11 players as being in the game, making a "mistake",
and then we'd have a majority of officially-recognized-outsiders so we
could start the emergency procedure. Or I could use Executive Tidiness
to change the Emergency Rule (or even the Executive Tidiness
rule). I'm not sure how good these ideas are, though.

--
Peter C.
"In fact, I'll go cancel some email right now."