Peter Cooper Jr. on Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:25:26 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: Emergency?

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> So are we in a state of emergency? I think enough players recognized
> it that we should be. And even though the server is working, it might
> be good to go through with the emergency on the grounds that nobody
> seems to want to play, and something should be done about that.

I've recorded 6 players recognizing it out of 12, which isn't quite a
majority. I would be in favor of keeping the emergency, to transition
to a new (er, old?) server, reset the clock to be a few ndays ago, and
try to make the game more interesting.

If we don't have the players for an emergency, I wouldn't object to
the Chair using Executive Tidiness to reset the clock, and we can try
to use props to fix the game.

We could also "overlook" the majority-of-players requirement since the
emergency rule is rather vague. For instance, I could officially
recognize only 11 players as being in the game, making a "mistake",
and then we'd have a majority of officially-recognized-outsiders so we
could start the emergency procedure. Or I could use Executive Tidiness
to change the Emergency Rule (or even the Executive Tidiness
rule). I'm not sure how good these ideas are, though.

--
Peter C.
"In fact, I'll go cancel some email right now."