Jake Eakle on Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:43:43 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] RainbowWolfe submits p2040

Mostly I like it. It seems like some people are just gonna get targets
served up on a platter sometimes though. I think maybe an algorithm for
finding the cube furthest from everone would be awesome, but hard to do.
Then there would be strategy with hanging out far away from other people so
that the target would appear near you, but then if too many people did that,
it would get pushed away again... it would be super cool. Also, i think
maybe the target should move around each checkpoint, or everytime someone
shoots at it, or something.

A few points on style:

Generally it is good to label sections (A. CreatMe, B. DefineMe, etc.) and
subsections, just for the purpose of having a concrete label to refer to
sections by. Though on reflection I think it is usually good form in props
to refer to sections by their names AND labels, so that everyone knows what
the prop is talking about and doesn't have to look it up.

The ChangeMes should really be defined as Game Objects, or probably as Tools
under the new system. As it is, it is obvious to a human reader what is
meant, but under the rules I don't think they would technically do anything.

I really like the "Remove all comments" bit. That is a super-useful bit of
prop tech that I think we can all learn from. I have wondered about what to
do in that situation many times... thanks for that.

--Personman