Jeremy Cook on Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:23:35 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Wonko amends p2018

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 09:17:12PM -0800, Jake Eakle wrote:
> Considering the rather high cost of research, I'd say these are over priced
> for their effects. Personally, if someone blights my plant, I'm gonna wait
> for the town square to give me another seed before blowing an average of,
> lesse, 2 per five points times 150, so like 75 * 5 = 375 points on
> resurrecting one plant. First of all, i don't _have_ 375 points, and second
> of all, no one else really has enough points for it to be worth it to just
> throw them around like that. I think Research Points is maybe more in need
> of revision than your spells, though I would suggest upping the power level
> a bit, considering how easy it is to come by seeds. I think the fact that
> according to the roster only one player currently has any technologies is
> indicative of the fact that they're way too expensive. Like, for some of the
> more expensive ones, it seems like a win would be cheaper. Am I missing
> something here?

Maybe I'm just a more technologically advanced kind of guy.

Hmm. Maybe we should multiply the number of Research Points you
get each time you do research by 10 or 100. Of course, to be
fair, we'd have to multiply the number of Research Points each
player has by 10 or 100.

Zarpint