Jake Eakle on Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:47:16 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] actiony goodness

On 2/15/05 8:19 PM, "Daniel Lepage" <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2005, at 9.50 PM, Jake Eakle wrote:
>
>> Baord Game:
>> I create a Black Hole at I3. It is destroyed by my Black Hole at I4.
>> The
>> Board is unchanged.
>
> Actually, no it isn't. When you played your Black Hole, it tried to
> destroy the Interdictor (by P-Spec 7). But the Interdictor is within
> two squares of itself, so by P-Spec 13 the Black Hole gets destroyed
> instead. Hence while you can create a Black at I3, it won't be
> destroyed by your hole at I4, because you have no hole at I4.

No, because my black hole never tried to destroy the interdictor, as it is
not adjacent to it. P-Spec 7 says any piece adjacent to a black hole is
destroyed, and r-1900 says:

Two rows are adjacent if their numbers differ by at most 1. Two columns are
adjacent if their letters are the same or are one after the other in the
alphabet. Two squares are adjacent if their rows and columns are both
adjacent.

So it does work.