Peter Cooper Jr. on Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:22:48 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [auto] Wonko amends p1998

automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Wonko has amended p1998.
>
> Proposal 1998/1: Calling for Backup, 2.0
> A Standard Proposal by Wonko
> Last modified on nweek 79, nday 1
>
> On the list of Duties in rule 1583, add
> {{
> C.3. The Backup Duty
>
> The Backup Duty becomes active whenever a Minister has failed to
> fulfill one of eir duties for four or more ndays. To fulfill the
> Backup Duty, a player must perform said duties. The Perk for
> fulfilling the Backup Duty is nothing.
> }}

This still doesn't explicitly empower Players to perform those
duties. On nweek 76, there was nobody who was going to post the ballot
and restart the clock. The Ministry of Change was already Open, and
the Minister of Arcana was under a Rock. I posted the ballot and
restarted the clock, despite having no authority to do so, and nobody
raised any objections. So I'm not sure that this Duty is entirely
needed in the first place (as I guess I set a bit of a precedent),
although having players empowered to perform the duties of ministers
who aren't doing them probably ought to be in the ruleset somewhere.

Also, the "4 or more ndays" won't work for ministries like Change,
where the primary tasks occur while the Clock is Off.

--
Peter C.
"I'll be in my locker shortly."