Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:30:50 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: PGo Move

Jeremy Cook <athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 09:17:29PM -0500, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
>> I place a stone at E4, capturing Zarpint's piece at D4. I get one Go
>> Point.
>
> dude. you guys aren't allied.

I'm not all that familiar with Go at all, never mind the Political
variant here, so it's quite likely I'll make a mistake somewhere while
Ministering it. Perhaps you can help me find where I'm making a
mistake here. I'm looking under the rules for Capturing (section D in
rule 1639), and it looks to me like Zarpint's piece had no liberties
(since it had no empty positions adjacent to it) and was therefore
captured. The points available (1) were split equally (0 each to me
and Iain), with the rest (1) going to the Capturer with the most
stones adjacent to the Dragon (which was me).

--
Peter C.
"And in a radical policy change, God today announced that he *will*,