Daniel Lepage on Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:45:14 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Peter votes

On Feb 9, 2005, at 7.14 PM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Peter's votes:
Proposal 1998/0: Calling for Backup                       : No
We need something to keep the displays up-to-date, but this isn't it. If someone isn't doing their job, then we just need to instill a new minister.

That takes two nweeks (one to call a Vote of No Confidence, one to elect a new Minister), and also isn't always the solution.

Right now, for example, I don't want to evict Zarpint from the Ministry of the Arena; but I'd quite like to go ahead and roll some dice myself, so that I know what I can and cannot do right now (I'm leaving town again tomorrow afternoon, so the fact that I don't know the outcomes of a number of rolls right now means I may not get to take any Arena Turns this Checking Period).

This doesn't mean we can't evict ministers if they repeatedly fail in their duties. It just means that if a Minister suddenly leaves town or otherwise can't work for a few days, other players are empowered to step in and keep the gamestate up-to-date.

--
Wonko

What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth ? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad.
     -Dave Barry (1947 - )