Jeremy Cook on Fri, 4 Feb 2005 00:13:13 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] Arena update

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 12:57:45AM -0500, Daniel Lepage wrote:
> I'll go for +1 AvSpeed.
>
> I move to (2,1,3) and fire a Jet of Water at (2,1,2).
>
> Also, in response to the arena page, you said "There's really no good
> way to do this on a Wiki. ASCII has been underappreciated for decades."

I'd been wondering who said that!

> Text enclosed in {{{ }}} on the wiki gets preformatted (see the
> ArenaTest page for a copy of your Arena on the wiki).

Your test page does not include my beautiful HTML table. How do
you like them curly braces?

> I'm also not convinced of the wisdom of this ASCII grid - it seems like
> it'll be hard to modify when a Cube contains multiple objects. It's
> possible at the moment for a Cube to be full of smoke and containing
> six avatars at once. How do you plan to represent such things?

The ASCII grid has 0PW, 0TW, so it's not surprising you're not
convinced of its wisdom.

We could have a Cube that's full of smoke and shielded and
containing more avatars than six. Let's add fire too, so we can
set Cubes on fire with gasoline. And I like the dungeon idea with
high-level monsters. NPC avatars are a good idea. And then we
should add magic spells, like the Jedi stuff we used to have.

Oh yeah, representing them. Well I could make the ASCII grid
bigger. If you don't like ASCII, maybe I could use EBCDIC, or do
you have another idea? (contiguous alphabets are overrated)

Zarpint