Daniel Lepage on Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:42:21 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Wiki Spam

On Feb 2, 2005, at 1.26 PM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

The amount of Wiki spam has been increasing. Can we add ACLs, to at
the very least require registration before editing? (I've started to
learn MoinMoin's ACL system if whoever's running it needs help.)

Oops. I thought I'd fixed that already; maybe I only did that on the nomic.net wiki.

My (rather crude) solution was simply to disallow anonymous editing. This is only in the default ACL, though, so you can still put "#acl All:read,write" if you want anonymous folk to edit your pages.

--
Wonko

It is disconcerting to reflect on the number of students we have flunked in chemistry for not knowing what we later found to be untrue.

  --quoted in Robert L. Weber, Science With a Smile (1992)