Daniel Lepage on Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:27:53 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Zarpint amends p1983

On Jan 23, 2005, at 1.53 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

If a Player's Avatar Fires a Jet that Hits a Cube where there is a
different Avatar, and that Avatar Gets Destroyed, then the Player
whose Avatar Fired a Jet may increase at most one of eir four
attributes AvSpeed, AvPower, AvStrength, and AvSkill by 1.

This seems like a rich-get-richer scheme, since players with higher
powers and strengths are less likely to be killed and more likely to
kill than lower players.

I'm not sure if this is an objection or a comment.
It's true that the more players kill, the better they get at
killing, just like a typical FPS.

I don't object, although I do think we should add some mechanism to keep newbies from being utterly obliterated by 20-Strength old players.

Perhaps some sort of low-level wandering monster that only gives stat increases to stats of 5 and lower, or some sort of weapon or armor allowing a low-level player to act like a high level player.

--
Wonko

"If I ask you to pay attention to the weight of your body pressing on your buttocks as you set reading, you will momentarily stop reading."
	-David G. Myers, _Psychology: Myers in Modules_