Jeremy Cook on Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:07:20 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [auto] Zarpint amends p1983

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 05:39:04PM -0500, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
> Zarpint writes:
> > Proposal 1983/1: Arena
>
> I like the idea, although I'm not sure if we need this many
> subgames. Thus, I proposed removing PGo since nobody seems to be using
> it anyway.

NO! PGo is a great game, and there have been times when lots of
us have played it. I suggest making the board smaller, rather
than removing it.

> > Create the following Rule:
> [... snip ...]
> > * Firing a jet of water at an given Cube. The specified cube must be
> > orthogonally adjacent to the Avatar. With probability AvPower /
> > AvPower+ AvSkill, a Jet Hits a randomly chosen Cube orthogonally
> > adjacent to the specified one, and with probability AvSkill / AvPower
> > + AvSkill, a Jet Hits the specified Cube.
>
> You might want to put parentheses around AvPower + AvSkill.

Done

> [... snip ...]
> > If a Jet Hits a Cube with one or more Avatars, each Avatar Gets
> > Destroyed with probability A/(A+B), where A is the AvPower of the
> > Player represented by the Avatar that Fired the Jet, and B is the
> > AvStrength of the Player represented by the Avatar in the Cube where
> > the Jet Hit.
>
> You might want to clarify that it's "each Avatar in that cube",
> instead of just "each Avatar". It might be implied, but I wouldn't
> count on it.

Done

> [... snip ...]
> > D.13. The Ministry of the Arena.
>
> I don't think that the GameKeeper's job is complicated enough
> (especially if we remove PGo) that this needs its own Minister, but we
> can always change this later if needed, so I don't mind starting it
> out this way.

Yeah, that's true. I want to start off doing it.

> Besides, I'm curious how you plan on representing the 3D world in a
> web page. :)

Until someone invents 3DHTML, I'll put 4 4x4 grids in a row.

> --
> Peter C.
> "Benign packets have this bit set to 0; those that are used for an
> attack will have the bit set to 1."
> 		-- RFC 3514, "The Security Flag in the IPv4 Header"

I love that RFC. My favorite RFC quote:

"Note that in past years the RFC Editor has sometimes published serious
documents with April 1 dates.  Readers who cannot distinguish satire by
reading the text may have a future in marketing." -- RFC 2223

Zarpint