Peter Cooper Jr. on Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:54:50 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Questions about becoming GM

So, if I win the Ministry of Rules in the election (which seems
likely, unless somebody runs against me), am I responsible for
implementing this nweek's changes (if any)?

Also, if I win, I'm considering moving the Rules Public Display onto
the Wiki from the current system. The advantages I see are:
- Having everything in one place can make things easier. (The Book of
  Piece is already on there, and it works fine.)
- It'll be easier for future people to edit if this role keeps on
  bouncing from person to person.
- We can take advantage of the Wiki's revision control system and
  searching capabilities automatically.

The only disadvantages I see would be the time to port the current
ruleset over (which I'm willing to do), and not having all the
historical information before the move (which I might be willing to
port if there's a demand for it).

Are there more advantages or disadvantages worth considering?
Other comments?

--
Peter C.
"The grand leap of the whale up the Fall of Niagara is esteemed, by all