Daniel Lepage on Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:32:32 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] sentient pet rocks

On Dec 16, 2004, at 7.12 PM, Daniel Lepage wrote:

On Dec 16, 2004, at 2.02 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 10:46:43AM -0800, Dan Schmidt wrote:
Then again perhaps having a nonsensient player is a
good thing.I think that this is the only nomic with a
player that can't pass the turning test and isn't
mentioned in the rules not to mention violating one of
them.

I have a bunch of sentient pet rocks who want to join the game.
They communicate telepathically through me. They can use my
working e-mail address and can pass the Turing test ( just ask me
the questions, and I'll pass on their responses.)

Oh, and each Rock is going to have to post to the public forum itself if it wants to be a player.

It was CFJ 273 I was thinking of, which was:
{{
__CFJ by Bean (TRUE)__

Statement:
None of the prospective players: Maggie Peters, Tabatha Sayle, Shea, Eliza Carter, Mahmoud Rafik, Bob Harney, Cheryl Smith, Jason Hodges, Bob Brown, Clio the Cat, Janice Yeh, Joe MacArthur, Lydia Blankenship, Steve Osgood, Pirx, Aknar the Hunter, Fidelio, Eva Vilevska, Asnaggazeth, Sir Fancys Bacon, Bob1, Bob2, Bob3, Bob4, Bob5, Bob6, Bob7, Bob8, Bob9, Bob10, Bob11, Bob12, Bob13, Bob14, Bob15, Bob16, Bob17, Bob18, Bob19, Bob20, Bob21, Bob22, Bob23, Bob24, Bob25, Bob26, Bob27, Bob28, Bob29, and Bob30 were capable of transferring eir proxies to Glotmorf or Wonko, and therefore, did not vote on the ballot for nweek 4 (3 for a zero-based clock).

 Analysis by plaintiff Bean:
Under rule 26, a prospective player must make a post to a public forum in order to become a player. None of the above have done this. Even though they may not be in a state to do this, the rules are still very clear that each prospective player must make eir own post to the public forum. I don't care if this is discriminatory, until the rules are fixed to avoid such discrimination, this is not legal.

Continuing the argument, Rule 208 reads: "A player may designate another player to be the holder of eir proxy". This says it all. Those named above are not players, therefore they cannot have transferred eir proxies and voted. Nor were they game entities identified by the rules at the time of voting, in which case there *might* have been a loophole.

 Analysis by Judge Uncle Psychosis:

 What Bean said.
}}

--
Wonko

Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a change in your circumstances.
  ---Department of Social Services,  Greenville, South Carolina