Daniel Lepage on Sat, 4 Dec 2004 23:24:29 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] Seals

On Dec 4, 2004, at 11.00 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 06:19:10PM -0500, Daniel Lepage wrote:

On Dec 4, 2004, at 5.13 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 05:03:22PM -0500, Daniel Lepage wrote:
Not knowing which order you've attempted to reserve these in, I'm
gonna
have to say you fail, since each Ministry gets only one seal, and I
have no way of determining which one you reserved first.

Where does r1906 specify that each Ministry only gets one seal? I
reserved all those simultaneously, and at the time I reserved
them, the Meta-Ministry had not reserved a seal.

You also took infinitely many actions, which is illegal by r1896. And
you attempted to reserve seals such as "the", which are in common
usage. That's illegal by r1906.

Oh, and the Ministry of the Roster is also your Ministry, so your
Ministry has reserved a Seal already.

Please explain this last point.

If a Minister's Ministry has already reserved a Seal, that Minister can't reserve new Seals. Since the Ministry of the Roster has a Seal, its Minister (you) is no longer able to reserve new Seals.

Yes, I know this last one's a bit of a bogus argument, since it relies on interpreting 'eir Ministry' as 'any Ministry that is eirs'; I'm just making a list of all the flimsy arguments that could be used should you keep trying to destroy the game.

Another one on the list is that you can't reserve a Seal for your Ministry at all, because in order to do so you'd need a Seal to reserve, and a set of characters isn't a Seal until it's been reserved. Hence no Seals exist for you to reserve, and by the "Glasses of Champagne" CFI you can't reserve one.

--
Wonko

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
                -- Buckminster Fuller