Daniel Lepage on Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:04:10 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Wonko submits p1952

On Nov 24, 2004, at 12.04 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 11:21:32AM -0500, Daniel Lepage wrote:

No - if a legal move is made, but the included board is wrong, then the Minister of the Board may reject it. This doesn't mean that a move that
is illegal in and of itself can be made legal, it only means that if a
move would be legal but you drew the board wrong, it can be made legal.

And yes, I expect that the Minister of the Board will reject most
poorly-done moves. But if e overlooks something and then a dozen moves
are made after it, e can just pretend that the moves were all legal.

This is why we have the SOL.

I'm hoping this will work on a smaller scale, though - with the current number of players, it's theoretically possible for over forty moves to be made before the Statute lapses. Also, in this particular case with my Penny, somebody actually pointed out to spoon-business that my move was illegal, though nobody noticed that this invalidated another move. So my move was illegal despite the statute of limitations.

Also note that the current statute of limitations doesn't really apply to things like the BoardGame and PGo, since there aren't regular Ministry reports for them.

--
Wonko
"Tradition is what you resort to when you don't have the time or the money to do it right."