Daniel Lepage on Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:01:28 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] CFI: All is Not Made Right.

On Nov 3, 2004, at 6.50 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

Additional comment by Plaintiff:

In the BabelFish example, there is genuinely no way of telling whether
the translation claim is true. In this example, prior to the second use
of r699, there is no possible justification for these actions. If
Wonko's claim that he couldn't tell whether those actions were legal is
true, at that moment he could not possibly have understood the Game; but
his post indicated that he was perfectly coherent, and so there's no
possibility that the claim could be true.

What you're claiming is that you can read my mind, in effect.

You have no way of knowing whether I thought my actions were legal, and I see no grounds for the claim that if I couldn't tell, then I must be stupid. In fact I did believe my actions to be legal, as a result of my argument involving The Voice.

Even if you disagree with me that The Voice effectively can't distinguish actions from anything, I definitely did believe at the time that the argument was valid and my actions were legal.

Besides which, you have no idea what else I might've been thinking there. Perhaps there's some other hole that I think would legalize my actions, and I'm just choosing not to mention it yet. Perhaps I had taken some strange drug or been hit on the head in such a way that I was convinced anything I did would be legal.

Hell, for all you know, I'm not really a person, but actually fifty people sharing a single email account, and one of my fifty people is kind of dumb from time to time.

--
Wonko

"Write a wise saying and your name will live forever"
     -Anonymous