Daniel Lepage on Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:47:49 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] One final clarification

I will now attempt to state as clearly as I can why what I did with my cards was legal, in the hopes that this will make my reasoning clear to any players who don't see where I'm coming from:

Rule 1903 states, "Any player may lay down a set of three or more cards in sequence".

By rule 1896, ' A text to the effect that "any player may do X" should be interpreted to mean that X is a Game Action'.

This means that laying down a set of three or more cards in sequence is a Game Action.

Also by rule 1896, "Any Outsider may take any Game Action at any time unless the rules say otherwise".

This means I can lay down a set of three cards at any time unless a rule says I can't lay down a set of three cards.

Nowhere in the rules does it say that I can't lay down a set of three cards. Specifically, nowhere does it say I can't lay down a set of three cards that have already been laid down.

So then it doesn't matter what 'lay down' logically ought to mean, because r1896 states explicitly that I can do it at any time.

--
Wonko

"Today, if you are not confused, you are just not thinking clearly."
-U. Peter