Jeremy Cook on Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:03:27 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] Work is sucking the lifeforce from me--I mean, more than usual

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 10:47:59AM -0400, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> On Oct 26, 2004, at 7.56 AM, Araltaln wrote:
>
> > Right.
> >
> > I rule TRUE on the cfi. While it is true that there are many many
> > examples of card games where cards which are laid down don't leave the
> > player's possession, or even in some cases the player's hand, there's
> > still one thing they have in common--it's awfully hard to lay cards
> > down which have already been laid down without picking them back up
> > again. Common usage is a necessary evil, and it's certainly applicable
> > in this case. As picking the Cards up is not otherwise allowed for by
> > the Rules, and the act of picking the Cards up would modify the game
> > state, I'm going to have to rule that it can't be done.
>
> So your claim, then, is that they remain in my hand but are considered
> to be 'laid down' and cannot be laid down again until they have been
> 'picked up'?

No. See the CFI - when location is unknown, they return to the Deck.

> > All you people with tomato actions really ought to roll the neccessary
> > dice, even if it's going to turn out you can't actually do what you
> > did :P
>
> They trivially can't - bd's proposal fixed the rule to read:
> "Any player who has at least one tomato may at any time declare their
> intent to throw a Tomato at any other player. Doing so destroys one of
> their tomatos. The targetted player is Hit with the Tomato with a
> probability of 1/4. If a player is Hit with a Tomato, that player and
> all cards in eir become Stained With Tomato Juice."
>
> That pretty much bans everything everyone's tried.

Except that the nweek hasn't started yet, since we don't have results,
so the rules haven't changed yet.

Zarpint