Jake Eakle on Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:44:18 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] Nweek 71 Ballot

Because i feel compelled, like so many other forum-going morons, to add my
two cents to any discussion on the web, I will butt in with:

>> And I would be totally fine if bubble wrap entirely disappeared today.
>
> A reasonably cheap alternative to styrofoam squiggles? That comes with
> a premade noisemaker, and that can occupy young children for hours?
> Truly a wondrous thing this is.

I cannot agree more. Bubble wrap is the epitome of all that is awesome in
the world. Like, when someone at school gets something wrapped in bubble
wrap, not only is the bubble wrap invariably more important than the thing
inside, but there are more arguments over sharing it than there are over a
box of cookies. And that's saying a lot.

Aside from the incredible satisfaction of popping a single bubble, (and the
exponentially better, while exponentially more wasteful satisfaction of
stomping on a whole bunch) there is also bubble wrap's incredible ability to
always have one more unpopped bubble even after you thought you popped them
all. It is a rare sheet of bubble wrap that has yielded less than three
hidden bubbles, and if one is careful not to pop them in an orderly manner
at the beginning, as many as ten can be found.