Daniel Lepage on Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:44:35 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] modification of p1920

On Oct 18, 2004, at 2.42 PM, Bryan Donlan wrote:

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:36:40 +0100, Jeremy Cook <athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I delete "BoP Rule 4. " and "BoP Rule 5. " in p1920.

Is there a way to modify props on the Wiki?

Go to http://www.nomic.net/~wonko/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/SubmitProp
Select your prop in the drop-down, click load prop.
Edit, and submit.

IMO, it should be editable like an ordinary wiki document, but this is
what you have to do.

If you're willing to become the Minister of Proposals, you can move them all to wiki documents if you'd like; right now I've got them all stored as XML, which makes many things tremendously simpler (such as auto-generating the ballot and the Voting results).

I could try putting the XML pages into the wiki page folder, but you'd have to be very careful what you did: one of the benefits of doing it through this script is that I can automatically translate reserved characters into escape codes. Without that, your proposals might not show up on the ballot unless you're careful about what you type.

--
Wonko

"Today, if you are not confused, you are just not thinking clearly."
     -U. Peter