Daniel Lepage on Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:38:36 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] PlayerPersonman submits p1926

On Oct 16, 2004, at 6.09 PM, wonko@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

---------------------------------
Proposal 1926/0: Conditional Triggers
A Standard Proposal by PlayerPersonman
Last modified on nweek 71, nday 3

Add a rule:
{{
_Conditional Triggers_
<snip>
}}

This proposal frightens me. This looks too much like a more advanced version of Automation scripts, which had less-than-ideal implications for the administrator when last we used them - suddenly Dave had to remember what everyone had signed up to do and do it for them, rather than being reminded when they announced it. Dave really hated automation scripts (and societies, actually) because they allowed players to take actions without ever actually telling anyone.

--
Wonko

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
      -Steven Wright