Jeremy Cook on Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:33:17 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Ministry Reforms

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 12:09:18AM -0400, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2004, at 5.41 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:
>

> > What do people think of reforming the current Ministry system so that
> >
> > * the current Admin is replaced by two separate ministers for
> > recognizing and numbering things and maintaining the Ruleset,
>
> Do you mean that one Minister would recognize things while another
> maintained the ruleset? At the moment, recognizing and numbering is in
> general the job of whoever tracks what's being recognized, so the
> Chairman recognizes and numbers proposals, the Attorney Generalist
> recognizes and numbers CFIs, etc.
>
> At the moment the role of 'Admin' has three primary parts:
> 1) I track the ruleset.
> 2) I maintain the website.
> 3) I do everything that nobody else is responsible for, including
> recognizing new players, doing the duties of Open Ministries, and
> recognizing anything that so far has no Ministry.

I meant #3 and #1. #2 should be covered by each individual Ministry
separately, using the Wiki. Do we need the non-Wiki webpage for
anything?

> So I'm a GM, a webmaster, and a little nervous guy with a towel running
> around cleaning things up and writing things down all at once.
>
> These three duties would be a better division of the Adminship, I think
> - the Minister of Rules (the GM), the Minister of Access (the
> Webmaster) and the Minister of Odds and Ends (the Little Nervous Guy).
>
> > * we consolidate Vines, FCC, Quotes, and Tildex into one (maybe two)
> > Ministries,
>
> The way things are going, I suspect Tildex is going to become a fairly
> busy ministry soon. But Quotes is definitely paying me more than I
> deserve for my Quotes work... Somebody quote somebody!

Yeah, I'm going to prop combining the other three. Anyone got a good
name that evokes gardens, fora, and quotes at the same time?

> > * and we automatically call an election for any Ministry that's been
> > occupied by the same Player for more than X nweeks?
>
> I agree. It would also be cool to let current Ministers call elections
> for their ministries without leaving them, so that if somebody wants to
> quit a Ministry they can call an election instead of leaving it Open
> for an nweek.

Good idea; I'll include that.

Zarpint