Daniel Lepage on Tue, 5 Oct 2004 23:41:21 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] A walk down memory lane

You know what I miss?

Rules that looked like this:
{{
Being Meta-Frozen functions identically to being Proto-Frozen, with the following additions:

• If the location would become substance Fire, it does not, and instead a random adjacent location becomes substance Fire.
	• 	 If a Bomb Gnome would explode in the location, it does not.
• If a Can of Whoopass would be Cracked open in the location, it does not. • If a KEMOSABE Missile detonates in the location, the effects that would normally occur in the location instead occur in all adjacent locations, and if any of the adjacent locations are themselves Meta-Frozen, they too shunt the effects to all adjacent locations, excepting those that have already been affected by the Missile or have already shunted the Missile's effects. [[Essentially, KEMOSABE overloads the suppressive field, and with the twisted physics, gets sent everywhere nearby.]] • If a Force Ability targets a Meta-Frozen location, it instead targets a random adjacent location, regardless of if the new target could be legally chosen. If a Force Ability targets an object in a Meta-Frozen location, instead a random adjacent location is chosen, and a random legal target in that location, if any, is instead targeted. It is legal for an object otherwise out of range to be targeted by this. This section supercedes rule 815. [[So you can't target the square, but could get one normally out of your range. Also note that Force Pulling, etc, puts an item in a location, and this rule causes that effect to be supplanted with the item you're trying to get flying elsewhere, with either kind of frozen.]] • No Gremlin may target, choose, or perform any action on any object in the location, unless that Gremlin is in the same location.
	• 	 Destruction may not be Wreaked on any player in the location.
}}

How many players still remember what all those things did?

I confess that as of when I stumbled across this section, I couldn't remember how KEMOSABE Missiles work... which is kind of embarrassing, since I think I might've proposed them...

--
Wonko

"If I ask you to pay attention to the weight of your body pressing on your buttocks as you set reading, you will momentarily stop reading."
	-David G. Myers, _Psychology: Myers in Modules_