Daniel Peter Lepage on Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:36:50 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Nweek 67 Ballot

Glotmorf wrote:

> Textareas on each line would allow comments to be added to the
> votes that get posted to s-b.  That would be nice, but I'm
> starting to be attracted to something on the voting page
> similar to blog entry comments -- "2 comments on this | post a
> comment" -- so that someone contemplating his votes can see at
> the time whether anyone has commented on a given proposal, and
> have a look at said comments before voting.
>
> Hadn't thought about comments on the view proposals page...At
> the moment I'm sort of spoiled on having the commentary come
> to me via s-d rather than me going to it...

A blog, eh? Well, this could be done simply by creating a bunch of wikipages along the lines of "CommentOnProposal1885", "CommentOnProposal1886", etc. Then both the voting page and the viewing page could link to those for each prop. If we agree upon a standard delimiter to put between comments (say, '------ \n') then it would be trivial to write a macro to count the comments on a given page. Adding/editing comments would be easy then, 'cuz it'd be a wiki page.

As for email, it's possible to configure MoinMoin to allow people to 'subscribe' to pages, so that they'll be emailed whenever the page gets updated. I haven't looked into it to much, but I might be able to figure something out if you're interested in using it.

--
Wonko