Rob Speer on Sat, 7 Aug 2004 02:05:40 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] PGo reforms

I'm not making a proposal yet, but here are the changes I'd like to make to
PGo:

* Fix the endgame. I'd have to look back and see what I was doing before. I
  would be happy if someone else took over this part.
* Make the Wiki official. This should prevent a bunch of hangups.
* Fix the turn order rules. They can be vastly simplified, and incidentally not
  have to refer to Checkpoints:

When you play a stone, it must be at least 4 days minus an hour since the last
time you played, and 2 days minus an hour since any of your allies played.

(The "minus an hour" is for one thing to hopefully avoid the vagaries of timing
on the 'Net, and to make it so that you can have a fixed time when you play
that doesn't always have to drift forward. And you can even make it drift
backward with some effort.)

This even prevents anything like the Team TWIS situation (where S was not
allied with T, W, and I, but the timing of his moves happened to be very
beneficial to them).

--
Rob Speer