Daniel Lepage on Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:37:07 -0500 (CDT)

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Monty

On Aug 2, 2004, at 2.10 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

Would something like the following proto-prop be helpful?

{{
__Python Enterprises__

There exists the Program List. This is a list of descriptions of python
(and any other requested language) scripts (or programs, etc.) that
would be helpful for maintaining the gamestate. An entry on the list is
called a Coil.

Each Coil has the following attributes:

Description, a precise description of the requested script.

Patron, the Player who posted the Coil.

Bonus, the amount that a player writing the requested script receives.

Any player may post a Coil to the Program List by making a
statement to that effect in a Public Forum. Unless the Patron
specifies otherwise, the Bonus is 10 points.

The Patron of a Coil may modify or delete the Coil by posting a
statement to that effect in a Public Forum.

Any player may Wind any Coil on the list by posting a script to a Public
Forum or privately sending a script to the Patron. If, in the sole
judgement of the Patron, the script fits the Description, the Player who
Wound the Coil receives 10 points, and the Coil is removed from the
Program List.

It is the responsibility of the Minister of the Roster to maintain the
Program List.
}}

I like it, but it needs a few checks... as it stands, anybody could request a python script that does absolutely nothing, with a Bonus of a Win. Then they Wind their own Coil and Win the Game.

Also, much as I hate to break the complicated reference, it might be good to have this apply to other languages as well. PHP, PSP, even languages that aren't directly wiki or website related like Perl or Fortran could be used for some things, especially if I'm not the only one requesting the scripts.

Well, maybe not Fortran.

--
Wonko

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      -Albert Einstein