Jeremy Cook on Sun, 1 Aug 2004 16:50:51 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Prop: Elections

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 09:03:40PM -0400, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2004, at 8.38 PM, Bryan Donlan wrote:
>
> >Wouldn't it be better to use the Moderator to break ties, not tie it
> >to Kurt Godel?
>
> That is a very good point.
>
> I amend both my props, actually. In __Pick and Choose__, I replace all
> occurences of 'Kurt Godel' with 'the Moderator' except the last one.
>
> In __Let's Do It Right__, I replace " that player may also specify ."
> with " that player may also specify a Selection Algorithm."
>
> Those are then recognized.
>
> BTW, Zarpint, do you mind being the default Moderator for these things?
> I put you in because at the moment there's no use for elections except
> for Ministries. If we want to do away with the idea of a general admin,
> then there isn't really a natural person to pick for this sort of
> thing, so I figured it would make sense to pick the guy who needs to
> know how to run an Election anyway.

I think the guy calling the election needs to know how to run an
election, so e should be the default.

I also don't like p1892. I think my job would be easier if elections for
Ministers were automatic every nweek, and I were always the one to call
them and choose a selection method.

Zarpint