athena on Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:01:10 -0500 (CDT)

Re: Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Renumbering CFIs

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 01:37:14PM -0400, Daniel Peter Lepage wrote:
> Poly-Go is p1883/1.
>
> > What if we had multiple databases with a common format: one for CFIs,
> > one for props, and one for rules? Then different Players could take care
> > of each database, and the web interface could access all of them.
>
> What do you mean by a "common format"? One of the big drawbacks of the current one-database-for-everything system is that proposals, rules, and cfis are fundamentally different, and shouldn't be bound to the same too-general format. As it is, things like "this is a respect prop", "this rule has Chutzpah 5", and "Squire of Dimness ruled this CFI FALSE" are being added usually in the 'text' field, or in the general purpose 'notes' field. This makes it tricky to do things like smoothly insert/edit new CFI rulings, alter the Chutzpah of rules, and do special things when respect props pass.

To do special things when respect props pass, we'd need to put the
Roster in a database. Then the props could just tell the database to
increment a certain field by 1, or change one text field to another.

We could make changes in the Ruleset that way if the Ruleset were a
database, also.

Am I right in thinking that the Wiki can't handle PHP and MySQL? Is
there some way to access the database with Python?

Zarpint