Daniel Lepage on Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:56:02 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposal- Loose Ends

On Jul 23, 2004, at 11.28 PM, athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 05:48:10PM -0400, Norinel wrote:

Change the third stanza of r437.A.4 to:
{{If this seems like quite an Onus,
Or it seems too monotonous,
This form's got a nifty Bonus:
Ten score points, that won't harm!}}

[[Definitely seeking a better idea for something that removes the Charm
reference and still scans.]]

What song is that subsection supposed to match, anyway?

Note that "charm" doesn't actually rhyme with anything else anyway,
so you could do something like "Ten score points, but no more" just as
well.

It matched "The Battle Hymn of the Republic"; I personally like rhyming Charm and Form more than Form and More, as I'd prefer matching the closing consonants, especially while many accents actually will rhyme 'charm' and 'form' to a close approximation, very few dialects of english could possibly match 'form' with 'more'.

--
Wonko

"Tradition is what you resort to when you don't have the time or the money to do it right."
     -Kurt Herbert Alder