athena on Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:14:52 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: Philosophies

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 04:57:32PM -0400, Daniel Peter Lepage wrote:

> Zarpint wrote:
>
> > My only question now is, "What if something important is not updated
> > before a deadline?" How do we handle this?
>
> We let the Clock keep going, and avoid making deadlines that will ruin the game if something's out of date.

A deadline for voting is such a deadline, and it is necessarily
existent.

> We could also use the Backup Duty from my ruleset on the Wiki as a means of taking over Public Displays and correcting them if somebody drops the ball.

I like it. Your new ruleset is elegant. I'd like to just change to it.
I think elections for Ministers should be held automatically, as in your
prop.
It also should have a Default Case, Permissibility of the Unprohibited,
and a Not-So-Default case, which are generally important as principles
of gameplay.

Zarpint