Daniel Peter Lepage on Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:39:47 -0500 (CDT)

[spoon-discuss] New Ruleset?

I've written a possible new ruleset to use, if we want to start from scratch. It's on the wiki at <http://www.nomic.net/~wonko/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/WonkoRules>. It's about as minimal as I could make it in terms of function.

It has 5 sections, but only two of them actually govern how the game works.

Sections 1 and 2 are just definitions, defining actions, objects, rules, proposals, etc.
Section 4 is just tracking info, defining Ministers, Duties, and Public Displays, and specifying a few Ministries and Duties. The Backup Duty in particular will be useful, I think - it empowers any player to step in and update a Minister's Public Display if that Minister is three or more days behind (or to create a new official Public Display if the Minister's display isn't readily modifiable to outsiders).

Section 3 governs the actual Gameplay - the making of and voting on proposals.

Section 5 is a fairly simple Justice system.

In terms of gameplay, this is about as stripped down as a ruleset could be - there are no Points or Tildex or indeed any way of keeping score; in fact, there is no way to do anything except propose changes, implement them, and make CFIs.

Comments or concerns? You can email them to s-d, or insert them directly into the ruleset via the Wiki; but if you use the Wiki, please put obvious delimiters around the comments (A colored table entry is a good way to go, i.e. ||<#AAFFAA> ...comment... ||).

--
Wonko