Zarpint on Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:04:01 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: The Direct Approach.

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Bryan Donlan wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:00:57 -0400 (EDT), Zarpint <athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > And make merging two props which modify the same rule impossible.
> >
> > Not at all. You delete one and replace the other with the manually-merged
> > prop.
>
> But you need to wait another nweek for the new prop to go through. Or
> you throw out the first prop. Or you pick someone to manually merge
> it, but that could (depending on the rules being merged, and if they
> affect the same section) give that player too much power if the merge
> isn't voted on.

Well, two separate changes to the same rule won't always make sense
together, so I don't think we want automatic changes like that.

And if both props aren't propped by the same player, they really should
be separate anyway, and if they are propped by the same player, it
doesn't give that player any more power for em to  manually merge them
emself.

Zarpint

--
Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."