Araltaln on Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:53:13 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re:The Direct Approach.

Bryan Donlan wrote:

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:09:39 -0400 (EDT), Daniel Peter Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Once upon a time, we discussed developing a 'proposal language';
the idea was that we'd submit proposals online using this language
to describe the ruleset changes we wanted to make, we'd vote with a
simple web form, and an interpreter script somewhere would process
the passing proposals and make the ruleset changes specified. I
think it was TPR who volunteered to write this interpreter, but we
have heard nothing from him since; one can only assume that real
life intervened. So the question is, is anyone else willing and
able to write such a thing?

Would diffs be sufficient? Under normal circumstances, I suspect, there wouldn't be too many rejected patches, and we can shelve them
in that case until it's rediffed.

While I'd love to see something like this implemented, I don't think every proposal would be submittable under most any system we could come up with; even a simple system would work great for standard proposals, but how, for instance, would I feed "The Direct Approach" to an interpreter?

--Araltaln