Araltaln on Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:04:31 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: -2

Wonko wrote:
So I would say we can, and do, have unwritten rules in Nomic.

Oh goody, I can play Nomic and Eleusis at the same time!

On a more serious note, I agree with many of your points in principle; in practice, however, I think we might be able to get to the end of the voting period for this nweek under the current ruleset without actually needing an Administrator. (Hint: don't point out any public displays are out of date, please.) With appropriate temporary proposals passed (for instance, one removing the "At the end of each nweek, the Clock Stops until the administrator posts the results of the Ballot polls to a public forum." clause from 23/7 temporarily. Although I could, I suppose, argue that the Clock Stopping isn't defined, I shan't.), it might even be possible to get further than that (although all CFI's and most proposals would remain unnumbered, for instance).

So if you think Rule 0 is clunky, propose to fix it now, so we can use it when we need it. Please?

--Araltaln